Wednesday, 17 January 2018

One more Iron Warrior

 The first Iron Warrior, painted in 2018. It turned out to be noticeably darker than the previous one, mainly due to differences in the MKII and MKIV armor. In armor MarkIV shoulder pads and torso look much more "modest" than in MKII.
Moreover, on this legionary, I added a little more satin shine in the shadows, thereby increasing the contrast and do a deeper colors. For this I used the glazing by mix of Smokey Ink (VGC) and matte black. Matte black in the mix was needed in order to adjust the shine level.

Первый Железный Воин, покрашенный в 2018. Он получился заметно темнее, чем предыдущий, в основном  из-за различий в доспелах II и IV модели. В доспехе МК4 наплечники и торс выглядят куда "скромнее" версии МК2.
Крогме того, на этот легионере я добавил чуть больше сатинового блеска в тенях, увеличив тем самым контраст и сделав цвет глубже. Для этого я использовал глазировки смесьи Smokey Ink (VGC) и матового черного.  Матовый черный в смеси был нужен для того, чтоб регулировать уровень блеска.

Monday, 15 January 2018

Malifaux Monday #72: Jack the Ripper

 Jack the Ripper from Evil Baby Edition box painted by Yellow One became a part of Ravenswood's Malifaux collection)

Sunday, 14 January 2018

Pinup Twilight Knight 2.0

And another new KD girl. And again it is second painting version - at this time I painted pinup Twilight Knight with a fur coat and in shiny armor.
I wanted to do very bright metal with active reflexes but failed especially with photography. Red-brown reflexes are not visible. Maybe I should have made it stronger? Because on finished miniature (and on the photo of cause) it seems no any reflexes.
But another part of this work was painting fur effect on the smooth surface and it was a lot of fun and joy. I will try to do easy step-by-step about it in future.
First Knight you can find here.

Tuesday, 9 January 2018

Spider silk assassin 2.0

It's time to present my second version of KD spider silk assassin.
My first assassin version is here.
I used warm color scheme with red, orange and yellow as main colors. But you can see some dark purple in shadows and on hairs.Hope it gives a chance to look warmer for skin tone and golden details.
For base I used cork (within) and milliput (outside) to do "random height blocks".

Monday, 8 January 2018

Malifaux Monday#71: Alternative Bayou Gremlin

 The first miniature painted in 2018. This model was painted as a test to send a theme with the painting of Gremlin skin. Although I painted many greenskins from other wargames before, the gremlins are different from them. In addition, I was left without my beloved Golden Olive from Vallejo, I somehow had to get out without it.
As a result, instead of Golden Olive I used Sherwood Green from Scalecolor and Green Ochre (VMC)
I also used an alternative olive MMM on the rifle.
 Первая миниатюра, покрашенная в 2018 году. Данная модель была покрашена в качестве теста, чтобы отпработать тему с покраской гремлинской кожи. Хотя я и красил зеленокожих из других игровых систем до этого, гремлины несколько отличаются от них. Кроме того, я остался без своего любимого Golden Olive от Vallejo, мне как-то было нужно выкручиваться без него. 
В итоге вместо Golden Oliveя использовал Sherwood Green от Scalecolor и Green Ochre (VMC)
Так же я использовал альтернативный "оливковый" НММ на ружье. 

Saturday, 6 January 2018

A blue cloth painting recipe

This recipe is dedicated to another variation of blue cloth. This is a slightly modified version of the recipe that we used to paint miniatures for Raging Heroes, adapted for the colors that I have now.
This painting recipe I used to paint the blue clothes on Angel Eyes and Santana Ortega.
As a base color I used mixture of black and Cantabric Blue (Scalecolor), highlight with the addition of slightly more CR is taken. After that, I added a little Falcon Turquoise (VGC) to the mixture, and further highlighting with the addition of Pastel Blue (Pacific88)

Этот рецепт посвящен ещё одной вариации синей ткани. Это немного изменённый вариант того рецепта, которым мы пользовались для прокраски миниатюр для Raging Heroes, подогнанный под те краски, которые сейчас есть в наличии. Последний раз вы могли его видеть на Ангельских глазках и Сантане.
В качестве подложки взята смесь черного и Cantabric Blue (Scalecolor), высветление с добавлением чуть большего количества CR. После этого добавляем в смесь немного Falcon Turquoise (VGC), и далее высветления с добавлением Пастельно-синего (Pacific88)

Friday, 5 January 2018

Brunette byzantine head by Alfons Maria Mucha

It is my second flat figure (bust).
At last, I finished it. I started to paint this flat bust more than a year and a half ago, I made 90% of painting in the summer before last and got stuck. And I finished it only at the end of December by forcing myself to sit down and finish off. Well, the stand (base "frame", how to call this backdrop correctly) has definitely helped. Has received the made-to-order thing and already a sin was not finished painting.
The bust was presented to me by Sergey "Ookami" Gusev after his travel to Ingolstadt, which I was very happy about. I really like the work of Mucha, and here I also have a very good sculpture. Thanks to Ookami for the opportunity to work with such an interesting form.